I was pleasantly surprised when I checked the comments on my blog to see that I had been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award, by my fellow blogger Elisa, who writes http://thinkwonderfulthoughts.wordpress.com/. Thank you so much Elisa, since I have not been blogging long, I am very grateful for your nomination (and for being my first follower).
The Versatile Blogger Award is a great motivation to keep bloggers writing and reading other people’s blogs. There are some creative rules to keep bloggers blogging:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the ‘Versatile Blogger Award’ pic to your blog post.
7 Random Facts About Me:
- I LOVE to dance – I have been known to bust out my moves in carparks, supermarkets, and train stations just because I can.
- I am perpetually clumsy – After spending a few weeks in Canada this year I realised I can fall over any time, anywhere, and regularly wake up with mysterious bruises, with no recollection what may have caused them.
- I have been known to make sudden life-changing decisions in a heartbeat – I moved interstate one week after leaving my old job, I decided to go overseas, then left two months later, I made a decision to buy a house and settled within eight weeks (I firmly believe if you are not happy and don’t like something, change it!).
- I adore getting dressed up – whether it be putting on a nice outfit and makeup, or a crazy costume for an event, there is no better feeling than the compliments you receive from random strangers.
- The best invention in the world is hugs – I frequently hug everyone I know, and those I have just met and I love the Dutch style of saying goodbye where you give three kisses on the cheek instead of one.
- I love you are the three most important words in my vocabulary – They can never be overused as they inspire, bless and nurture us, and can truly make someone’s day.
- I believe the most important duty in our life is to make others smile. I try to complete random acts of kindness, and pay my life forward every day, for it can truly make a difference in someone’s life, without you even knowing. If everyone was kind to an extra person each day, imagine how happy the world could be.
My nominations cover a range of different types of blogs, since I am passionate about so many different areas of life. Some are small, independent, personal blogs, others are larger companies that provide some great value. With a background in coaching and internet marketing, I read a lot about success and business. I also love to be inspired, reading about other positive happy people. Finally, I love to travel and party, so these are thrown into the mix as well. I hope you can find your own gems. Please comment at the bottom of the page if you have a blog you think I might be interested in.
My nominations (in no particular order)…
- http://partytripofalifetime.wordpress.com/ – This guy describes these dance music events like you’re actually there
- http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/ – The best travel/adventure blog I’ve ever seen
- http://mybluerinse.blogspot.com – My good friend writing about the quirkier pleasures of life
- http://tropicaltruth.wordpress.com/ – A collaboration of thoughts, quotes and music on positive reflection about the world
- http://thebettermanprojects.wordpress.com/ – A beautiful blog filled with inspiring prose, poetry, pics and videos
- http://inspirational-quotes-blog.com/ – Need a pick me up? There’s plenty here
- http://pollynoble.com/ – Polly’s inspirational journey to cure herself of cancer the natural way
- http://www.happiness-project.com/ – Plentiful ideas about how to be happy 🙂
- http://www.stevepavlina.com/ – Personal development for smart people – The man who inspired me to begin my own personal development blog – I have never seen more valuable content
- http://www.inspirationalsuccesscoach.com/ – Fantastic tips to live a successful life now
- http://www.stevenaitchison.co.uk/blog/ – Change your thoughts, change your life
- http://expertagency.com.au/diary/ – Great tips and resources to become the expert in your field
- http://smartboydesigns.com/ – There is nothing this guy doesn’t know about internet marketing
- http://www.yourblogangel.com/ – Everything you need to know about blogging for business
- http://under30ceo.com/ – Expert advice and interviews for young entrepreneurs